The torch

I had a dream this morning about a place that looked like a fountain, but it was actually a hot bath where young people were bathing. It was evening, and the light was dark blue. The place was totally new and mysterious, in some foreign land. I thought that the water was very small, barely touching the ankles but then somebody told me that it was actually very deep. I wasn’t expecting that. Somebody asked me if I wanted to light the torch- that was the system for warming the water. An impressive, beautiful torch. But I said no, I’ll take pictures. When I woke up, I felt that this dream was so much about me. Staying on the side, not getting into the water, or at least lighting the torch, always fearful, just watching and “taking pictures”, so I feel I’m doing something meaningful in a way, but mainly just staying out of life, on the sidewalk.